List Price: $59.95
Sale Price: $50.74
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Eligible For Free Shipping
The most comprehensive of its kind, this classic resource in the field of nursing theory provides an in-depth look at 49 theorists of historical, international, and significant importance. Each chapter features a clear, consistent presentation of a key nursing philosophy or theory. Case studies and critical thinking activities help bridge the gap between theory and application.
- A case study at the end of each theorist chapter puts the theory into a larger perspective, helping you understand how the information can be applied to practice.
- A Major Concepts & Definitions box in each theorist chapter outlines and summarizes the theory's most significant ideas and clarifies content-specific vocabulary.
- Each theorist chapter concludes with an extensive bibliography outlining numerous primary and secondary sources of information ideal for research projects.
- Critical Thinking Activities at the end of each theorist chapter challenge you to process the theory presented and apply it to personal and hypothetical practice situations.
- Introductory chapters provide you with a strong foundation in the history and philosophy of science, logical reasoning, and the theory development process.
- Diagrams for theories help you visualize and better understand inherently abstract concepts.
- Each theorist chapter is written by a scholar specializing in that particular theorist's work - often an individual who has worked closely with the theorist.
- Most chapters have been reviewed and edited by the theorist for currency and accuracy, further validating the accounts set forth in the text.
- Theorist birth (and if applicable, death) dates help you place each individual into a time context.
- A new chapter introduces the theorist Afaf Meleis and covers her Transition Theory that has helped shape the theoretical development of nursing.
- Points for further study at the end of each chapter direct you to assets available for additional information.
- Need to know information is highlighted in at-a-glance summary boxes throughout to help you quickly review key concepts.
- Personal quotes from the theorists help you gain insight and make each complex theory more memorable.
- Updated references include only published works to ensure accuracy and credibility.
No features available.